Chronic rhinitis is frequent inflammation of the nose with symptoms such as a runny nose, nasal congestion and post-nasal drip (mucus in the throat).
What Causes Chronic Rhinitis (Runny Nose)?
While the exact causes are unknown, out-of-balance nasal nerves play a contributing factor. The nerves in your nose transmit signals to your brain regulating all sorts of functions. When these nerves become hyperactive or out of balance, they send more signals than are necessary for the nose to perform its normal jobs, such as protecting the body from infectious agents.
This can cause your nose to respond like it’s fighting an illness. The nasal linings will become inflamed (congestion) and mucus production will increase (runny nose), causing these annoying symptoms – even when you aren’t sick.
Attributes of a Normal Nasal Cavity
- Nasal nerves help regulate the nasal activity
- Turbinates warm and moisturize air as it flows through the nose
- Normal mucus production helps protect against infectious agents
Attributes of a Nasal Cavity with Chronic Rhinitis
- Nasal nerves send too many signals
- Inflamed turbinates contribute to congestion and stuffy nose
- Excessive mucus can drip down the throat and cause runny nose
Why ClariFix® Procedure for Chronic Rhinitis (Runny Nose)?
Medical treatments for chronic rhinitis, like nasal sprays, drops, pills and allergy shots, help manage frequent runny nose, congestion and post-nasal-drip symptoms; however:
- They may require daily use
- Symptoms can persist despite these treatments
- Side effects may occur from prolonged usage, including nasal and throat dryness, nosebleeds and headaches 3,4
If treatments such as nasal sprays, drops and pills are not working for you, or you are looking for a solution that lasts longer without the side effects of medications it’s time to try ClariFix®
ClariFix® Cryotherapy is a safe, clinically proven and minimally invasive treatment that targets the source of your symptoms for lasting relief.
Benefits of Cool Treatment with ClariFix® Cryotherapy
- Cryotherapy is safe
- Available in-office
- Minimal recovery time and post-treatment care for most patients
- May provide long-lasting symptom relief
Ready to Learn More?
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Ryan Duncan to see if ClariFix® Cryotherapy is the right choice for you please contact our office in Brentwood, TN at 629-255-2231 or click here to visit our contact page.